In August of 2011, the love of my life left me. I still love him. We're still roommates. This is my blog of dealing with everything that comes with the three previous statements. This is meant to be cathartic for me, and to let those other heartbroken souls out there know that they're not alone.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I do want to move on, Maybe

I think I do want to move on.  I'm tired of feeling jealous every time some new woman falls into his lap (literally). I'm tired of getting so irrationally angry at his lack of feelings for me that I snap and say hurtful things to him.

I want to love him, I want him to love me, but I don't want to feel this way anymore.  Sadder than I've ever been one moment, and then angry and jealous the next.  It's crippling.

I want to move on, and I kind of think getting involved with someone else would be one way to do that.  But I have yet to meet anybody who I'm interested in beyond random makeouts.  Well, no, that's a lie. There are two people who I would consider pursuing something with: the one doesn't want to upset his friendship with my ex and is in a weird limbo with the girl he's currently in love with; and the other just isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that she lives on the other side of the country.

But other than those two exceptions, I'm just all... "blahhhh" about people.  I've been seeing this super sweet girl, and she's really pretty and fun to be around and I do really like her, but I don't see that going anywhere serious.  I don't feel anything like I felt with my ex so immediately.  There's guy I've seen once and chatted with a bunch, and it's the same story.  Cute, fun to talk to... but none of that gut feeling.  Random makeouts with an acquaintance the other day went nowhere, because a) awful kisser, and b) I was bored being with someone I care nothing about.  Although, I will admit that I probably would have been less bored if he hadn't been such an awful kisser.

So, I don't know what to do with myself.  I guess I should just get happier being alone with superficial "romantic" encounters?  It feels so empty, knowing now what it's like to be with someone you love so deeply.  I just don't know what to do about that.  I feel like this would be a lot easier of a transition if I had no clue what it was like to be with someone you love so much.

I also feel like a total tool because I'm sure I sound like Bella, and it makes even me gag.

Blahhhh.

<3
Wooden Bird 

No comments:

Post a Comment